Ford Motor Company, which is on pace to double sales in Russia this year, today premiered several new vehicles for Russian customers that will further solidify Ford's leadership in that country's fast-growing automobile market.
On display at the Moscow Motor Show 2006, the international automobile exhibition that opens to the press today, are five new vehicles from Ford's growing range of new products that deliver style, flexibility and excellent driving dynamics. These include:
* All-new S-MAX , Ford's first vehicle to feature the new language of kinetic design. S-MAX went on sale in Russia in July.
* New Ford-built Galaxy , which adds style and innovation to the full-sized MPV market. Ford presents the Galaxy in Russia for the first time. Galaxy will go on sale there in September.
* The four-seat Focus Coupe-Cabriolet that features a two-piece retractable hard-top. Seen in Russia for the first time, the Focus Coupe -Cabriolet will go on sale next year.
* New Transit , offering major upgrades to Europe 's top-selling commercial vehicles. New Transit is being presented to Russian consumers for the first time at the Moscow Motor Show on the company's stand devoted to its commercial vehicles.
* The Ford car stand features the European premiere of the new U.S.-made Ford Explorer . The popular off-road vehicle goes to dealers this year.
"The Moscow Motor Show is a perfect place to showcase Ford's tremendous success in Russia ," said John Fleming, CEO, Ford of Europe, who attended the Moscow Motor Show. "Our industry-pioneering plant in St. Petersburg has built more than 100,000 new Ford Focus cars since it opened in 2002. This year, we fully expect sales of all Ford brand cars and commercial vehicles to double to around 120,000 units. The great products which we plan to introduce in Russia in 2007 and beyond will build on this exciting momentum."
At the Moscow Motor Show, Ford presents for the first time in Russia the iosis concept car. Iosis is the inspiration for kinetic design, the Ford brand's fresh approach to design that expresses energy in motion. S-MAX and the new Galaxy are the first production vehicles to feature elements of kinetic design, which has received industry accolades for its bold, innovative approach.
With the Focus Coupe -Cabriolet, Russian customers are also seeing an all-new member of the Ford Focus family -- and the first Ford of Europe automobile to be equipped with a two-piece retractable hard top. The two-section hard top operates at the touch of a button.
The four-seat convertible coupe, designed jointly with groups of designers and engineers of the Pininfarina S.p.A., combines the emotional attraction of a convertible car with driving qualities of Ford PrecisionDrive, which have already been appreciated by customers of other Ford Focus models. The Focus Coupe -Cabriolet joins the Focus ST at the top of the Ford Focus family range.
The new vehicles are being launched in Russia under the "Feel the difference" brand strategy, which is being introduced across Europe . "Feel the difference" is a comprehensive brand approach that defines Fords appeal of emotion, dependability and reliability.
"The breadth of vehicles on display at the Ford stand demonstrates how serious we are about fulfilling our ambitious growth plans for Russia , " said Henrik Nenzen, President of Ford in Russia .
"To support our customers all over Russia , Ford actively develops its dealer network. As of August, we have 113 dealers and sub-dealers, offering all kinds of activities -- sales only, service only, as well as sales and service. In addition, we have four commercial vehicle specialists and three dealers in Belarus . Our financial programs on retail credit and operation leasing are also now available," Nenzen said.